Remodeling your bathroom is one of the bigger investments you can make for your home. The bathroom is one of the most important rooms in the house and renovating it can boost the property’s value. One of the reasons why homeowners decide to undergo bathroom renovation is to maximize the small space available. It is also one of the trickiest types of renovation projects to undertake.
If you are doing your own remodeling for kitchen and bathroom renovations, you can follow these easy and practical ideas:
- Install a Slim Sink and Shallow Counter. When working with a small bathroom, you need to adapt the sizes of your fixtures to suit the overall space. When you choose smaller sized fixtures, it will provide the functionality you need without highlighting the lack of available space.
- Install a Corner Sink. Aside from down-sizing your bathroom fixtures, expert professionals for bathroom renovation Melbourne currently has suggest utilizing corner spaces. For those odd spaces, add a sink so you can utilize every available space.
- Install a Shower Curtain Instead of a Glass Door. The first option will give you the privacy you need and can be taken off when not in use whereas a glass door will take up a lot of space.
- Add Mirrors. The installation of mirrors in the bathroom is a functional idea, but the use of mirrors can also create the visual illusion of having more space.
- Consider a Wall-Recessed Toilet. The toilet tank can eat up a lot of space inside your bathroom. To save space, consider recessing it into the bathroom wall.
- Go Frameless. If you really insist on a glass door over a shower curtain for your bathroom’s shower area, go for a frameless door. This will save you space and it won’t look too bulky.
- Add Floating Cabinets. Vertical spaces are often not neglected and not utilized well enough within a bathroom. Therefore, you should consider adding floating cabinets when doing a bathroom renovation.
- Opt for Large-Scale Patterns. Choose tiles with large patterns when you shop for fixtures for bathrooms Melbourne shops has to offer. If you do this, you will create another visual illusion of a bigger bathroom.
- Add Fitted Shelves Into Corners or Vertical Spaces. Wherever there is free space, you have to utilize them to the fullest. One idea you can try is to install open shelves which you can use as storage spaces for essential toilet items such as tissue paper, towels, soaps, and shampoos. This will ensure easy access to your bathroom essentials and also smart use of space.
- Position Your Towel Bar Smartly. The best spot to place your towel bar is at the back of the door or by the door. This will provide quick access to the towel before and after you step into the bathroom. In addition, it will also save space and clear things off of the way inside the bathroom.
Follow the 10 tips listed above when doing bathroom renovation so you can turn your small bathroom into a haven of relaxation at home. For more details, just visit http://www.cmdplumbing.com.au